Permanent, full-time Maintenance Mechanic to support its MRF Maintenance Department. The position requires working in an industrial setting to efficiently maintain material processing equipment and support plant operation. The position is based out of Boulder Colorado. The ideal candidate will possess a positive frame of mind, cooperative team approach, and the ability to function well within a diverse maintenance group. Additional characteristic skills include adherence to safety standards, a proactive and adaptive approach, problem solving, proper attendance and dependability. Bilingual in Spanish is not necessary but helpful and a positive attribute.
The key element to this position is maintaining and repairing material processing equipment on a daily basis using mechanical assembly knowledge and preventive maintenance know-how to assure optimal equipment run-time. Working hours are from 3:30 pm to 12:00 am, M-F, with occasional overtime.
· Experience in industrial maintenance and the ability to work on processing equipment such as conveyor belts, motorized screening equipment, and hydraulic equipment.
· Preventive Maintenance and light repairs associated with forklifts, skid steer, and front loaders.
· Provide general maintenance assistance to other team members and work within a team environment.
· Ability to prepare and maintain maintenance documentation and maintenance logs.
· Maintain a clean and organized shop area and assist with special projects as needed.
· Required to work overtime as needed and one or two Saturdays per month as needed.
· Some welding and light fabricating to maintain processing equipment in good working order is desirable but not required.
· At least 2-5 years of diverse industrial equipment maintenance experience.
· Experience with maintaining and servicing mechanical equipment such as light trucks and heavy industrial equipment. Must be capable of conducting basic repairs and be able to take direction from Maintenance Manager.
· Ability to troubleshoot repairs, problem solve, organize job tasks, and think on your feet.
· Ability to operate equipment such as forklifts, skid steer loaders, and a man lift is an asset.
· Ability to operate a variety of hand tools and power tools. Experience with MIG and TIG welding, cutting torch, and plasma cutter is desirable.
· The right candidate must be physically fit, able to climb ladders 20+ feet from time to time, lifting up to 40 lbs, and navigating repairs in varying conditions including outdoor environments exposed to the elements.