Welder MIG and TIG-1st Shift - Bloomington, MN
Go back to the job list
Corporate Management Groups is currently hiring for a MIG and TIG Welder at our Bloomington, MN location.
Shift: 6:30am-3:30pm Mon-Thurs
Pay: $18-$22 per hour
Job Summary: Perform welding operations/activities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to MIG and TIG weld, flat and horizontal position (already set up)
- Ability to provide and maintain basic operations of robotic welder (already set up)
- Read and understand part drawing and engineering prints
- Use current Manufacturing software accurately (PLEX)
- Inspect parts [tools: caliper, tape measure, etc.) as directed by the job inspection level
- Operate forklift, crane and other material handling operations as required
- Consistently exhibits all desired company behaviors and follows company policies; including 5S, Safety and Continuous Improvement.
- Follows quality policies/standards/procedures
- Complete MECR forms [Manufacturing/Engineering Change Request] for standard verification
- Working knowledge of sheet metal and filler material weld characteristics [penetration, welding settings, etc.]
- Ability to be certified in American Welding Society – AWS certification [not all customers require certification]
Level II – minimum of 1 year experience
- All of Level I essential duties and responsibilities
- MIG and TIG weld in all positions
- Set up MIG/TIG Weld
- Set up robots [change fixtures, load programs]
- Make minor robot program adjustments
- Perform at a Solid/Full Rating. Meeting requirements in all key responsibilities [safety, quality, productivity, efficiencies, etc.]
Level III – minimum of 30 months’ experience
- All of Levels I and II
- Performing at a rating of Excellent for all key responsibilities of a Level 2 [safety, quality, productivity, efficiencies, etc.]
- Program robots, Preventative maintenance
- Train others for Level I and II essential duties and responsibilities
- Business need for Level III
- Perform set-ups on all equipment of specific departments. i.e. shearing, punching, bending, assembly, welding, shipping and receiving.
- Monitors welding wire, gasses and supplies
- Demonstrated ability and desire to advance within the company
- Assists manager in work assignments for others
- Back up for departmental manager when needed
- Assists in ordering consumables
- Encourages and assists in monitoring company behaviors [safety, attendance, flexibility, etc.]
- Assists manager in 5S audits, project kickoffs, fixture design, etc.
- Works with Account managers in resolving questions, concerns and issues.
- Perform secondary welding / grinding as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree [GED]
- A minimum of six months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend prints and drawings per level of work.
- Regular walks, uses hands to handle product and reach with arms
- Frequently lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts
- Moderate to loud noise level.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: the work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Long Term Employment
- Full time hours with overtime as needed
- Medical & Dental Benefits
- Shift Differential for 3rd shift
- Overtime - Depending on production needs
- Weekly Pay
- Direct Deposit
- $200 Referral Bonus!
Interested applicants are encouraged to call or apply in person at:
Corporate Management Group
404 Broadway Avenue Saint Paul Park, MN 55071